Tips To Deal With Cockroaches In El Centro
August 15, 2022 - Cockroaches
A common pest in California homes, cockroaches have been steadily increasing in number in the state, making it likely that you will experience an infestation sooner or later in your El Centro home. Because they are potentially dangerous insects that can transmit serious diseases, it is crucial that you learn how to identify an infestation. You need to understand why cockroaches are harmful to your health and find out how to get rid of them with five tips for effective cockroach control.
If cockroaches have taken over, Got Bugs? provides pest control in El Centro you can rely on to get rid of these dangerous pests safely and effectively.
How To Tell If You Have A Cockroach Infestation
Cockroaches are good at hiding from people until it is safe to come out, making it hard to notice them until they have started to reproduce. However, the following signs can help you determine if you have a cockroach infestation:
- Seeing cockroach droppings, which resemble black coffee grounds or black pepper.
- Finding smear marks and streaks caused by cockroaches crawling on walls and floors.
- Noticing a strong, musty, offensive smell in the house.
- Spotting cockroach eggs and shed skin- cockroaches shed their exoskeleton until they reach adulthood, leaving used skins behind.
- Seeing one or more live cockroaches.
Don't waste any time if you notice these signs of a cockroach infestation. The longer cockroaches go uncontrolled, the more they will reproduce and settle in your home, making it harder to eliminate them.
How Cockroaches Are Harmful To Your Health
Cockroaches are harmful to your health in many ways, including the following:
- Cockroaches are vectors of dangerous and potentially life-threatening diseases such as cholera, dysentery, and diarrhea. One way that they can transmit these illnesses is by contaminating your food.
- Cockroaches can transmit resistant bacteria which can be hard to treat, like staphylococcus, salmonella, and streptococcus.
- Cockroaches can cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks, especially in children and the elderly.
Cockroaches are dangerous and unsanitary insects that can make your entire family ill. If you have an infestation, learn how to keep cockroaches out of your house.
Five Tips For Effective Cockroach Control In El Centro
The following five tips can help you control a cockroach infestation effectively:
- Keep your kitchen and dining areas clean, and do not leave food out overnight.
- Fix leaks and get rid of stagnant water on your property. Cockroaches can go a long time without food, but they need water to survive. Do not forget drains and garbage disposals.
- Seal all cracks in your home which could serve as entry points, and consider fitting your windows and doors with fine-mesh screens and door sweeps.
- Keep your floors vacuumed and mopped and all surfaces clean and sanitized.
- Reach out to a pest control company that can devise a treatment plan based on your needs and situation.
Getting rid of cockroaches can be overwhelming, but by keeping your home clean and dry and taking advantage of effective professional pest control methods, you can get rid of cockroaches for good.
How To Keep Cockroaches Away From Your Home
It's important to understand why cockroaches invaded your home in the first place to keep them away. Contact us today to have your home inspected by our trained technicians who can provide effective cockroach pest control in El Centro to exterminate these dangerous invaders and prevent them from coming back.
Cockroaches are hardy and resistant pests that will keep reproducing once they’ve settled into your home. If you find a cockroach in your house, more are likely hiding. Got Bugs? can help you get rid of them safely and effectively.