Bed Bug Prevention In El Centro
June 15, 2022 - Bed Bugs
Life in California is warm and pleasant. We enjoy exploring the outdoors and appreciating our optimal climate. Visitors come to our state for the warm weather and endless beaches. There are visitors from across the country hoping to get a taste of the good life.
However, California isn't always a bed of roses. Plenty of pests interrupt the California dream. Below are the three most common pest problems in California.
- Bed bugs
In recent years, there has been a spike in the bedbug population. Bed bugs prefer the warmer climate; for many, the thought alone is enough to disturb a night's sleep. California's tourism industry brings in $11.8 billion annually. And the more visitors, the likelihood of more bedbugs increases. There is no wonder there is such a need for bed bug pest control in El Centro.
What Do Bedbugs In EL Centro Look Like?
Most homeowners who worry about infestations wonder - what do bed bugs look like? They aren't typically seen in open spaces; they hide in cracks and the unseen areas of cushions and bedding.
They come out when unsuspecting homeowners are sleeping to fill themselves with blood before retreating to their hiding places. If you stir from your sleep at night or wake up itching, know what to look for if you think you may have an infestation.
A few common characteristics of bed bugs are that they are oval-shaped, wingless, brown, and maybe reddish if they are fulthey'reood. Of course, they're small, measuring about 4 to 5 mm.
They are known to travel long distances independently but typically attach themselves to anything that moves. Thus, they are found anywhere people may unknowingly carry them, such as restaurants, spas, hotels, and even hospitals.
They spread and infest a community quickly by hitching a ride on people's belongings. Once they are settled, they can reproduce quickly if they feed on blood every two weeks. Furthermore, a female can lay one to three eggs daily, leading to a massive infestation.
Are You Struggling With A Bed Bug Infestation?
If you feel something is off in your home or where you are sleeping, be sure to know the signs of a bedbug infestation and how to find bed bugs in your home. Below are seven common signs of a bed bug infestation.
- You see the bugs in areas where they like to hide, such as in the seams of your mattress or the cracks of your boxspring.
- You experience frequent bug bites in a linear or zig-zag pattern.
- You spot bed bug skins on your sheets.
- You notice bed bug droppings on your bedding.
- You notice a musty odor.
- You have blood spots on your bedding.
- You notice red or brown stains on your bedding from crushing them while slthere's
If you do have an infestation, there's no need to be alarmed as bugs don't carry diseases, and they aren't a result of an unclean home or property. They simply hitchhike into homes in search of a reliable blood meal. However, once inside, they are challenging to eliminate.
Therefore, its important to be proactive to protect your home and your family from these pests. There are both professional and DIY pest control treatments to take care of your bed bug problem.
Five Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs
Since bed bugs are common worldwide, people have come up with ways to deter and kill them. Below are five ways to control bed bugs in your home and help keep them away.
- Use a hairdryer on high heat to kill bed bugs or put bedding in the dryer on high heat. This will only kill some bugs.
- Use a steamer on your mattresses or cushions.
- Consider Using herbs like lavender, black walnut tea, and cloves to deter them, though this is not a proven method of bed bug control.
- Cover your mattress in a zippered mattress cover and a sealed box running.
- Contact professionals who have the equipment and manpower to fight for you.
Many people often choose to go with professional bed bug pest control to handle their problems. To eliminate an infestation, you have to kill every single bed bug, and DIY methods simply don't do the trick. Fortunately, our team at Got Bugs? has the experience and tools to completely solve your bed bug problem. Reach out to us today to learn more about our bed bug control options.